Robin Raznick is a versatile artist who works in oils, acrylics, and clay. Utilizing nature as her muse, the work can be described as abstracted representation.
Robin’s paintings are influenced by the Post Impressionists and Expressionists movements, as well as a large array of contemporary artists including Jennifer Bartlett, Elizabeth Murray, David Hockney, and Joan Brown. The scale, intensity of color, and energy of brushwork communicates a visceral relationship with nature and invites the viewer to participate in that emotional experience. Layer upon layer of paint is applied and color values are manipulated to reveal a sculptural surface, and infinite combination of textures. The artists hand is evident in the tooling of the undulating surfaces, dynamic mark making, and unabashed use of color. The work is often substantial in scale and invites the viewer to step inside and enjoy an understanding of the maker’s physical process. READ MORE
2017 Exhibition Dates
- Upcoming: L Street Gallery, San Diego, CA; “The Wisdom of Nature, Solo Exhibition”, Summer 2017
- Del Mar Thoroughbred Club/ Breeders Cup, Del Mar, CA; “Art of the Horse”, 2017
- Escondido Municipal Gallery, Escondido, CA; “Contemp. Realism” Awarded Honorable Mention, 2017
- Spectrum Indian Wells, Indian Wells, CA, 2017
- Upcoming: ARTIFACT; “Solo Exhibition”, New York, NY, 2019